Once you find out how easy it is to make grain-free crackers, you’ll be hooked. These are a variation of my other favorites, my grain-free everything crackers. If you haven’t tried those, you really should, especially if you have fond memories of a good everything bagel.
These are a great way to add crunch to your paleo lifestyle. If you’re doing the 21 Day Sugar Detox along with us, they’re a perfect snack to help you get through those… oh you know… moments.
Grain-Free Rosemary Olive Oil Crackers
Preheat oven to 325°
2 cups almond flour
1 egg, preferably pastured
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- In a large bowl, beat the egg and the olive oil.
- Mix in the remaining ingredients and mix well, giving it a few kneads.
- Turn out onto a sheet of parchment paper and flatten out a bit.
- Cover with another sheet of parchment paper and roll out to 1/8 inch thick.
- Remove the top sheet of parchment and cut into 1 inch squares with a sharp knife.
- Transfer (with the bottom sheet of parchment) to a sheet pan and bake for 14-20 minutes, checking occasionally.
- The outside crackers might be done sooner than the center, in which case just remove the pan from the oven and carefully transfer the finished crackers to a plate to cool.
- They’re done when they’re just barely golden.
- Store in an airtight container.
These are great for just snacking, but for some simple hors d’oeuvres ideas:
- goat cheese and tapenade
- chicken liver pâté and a slice of cornichon
- fig jam and aged manchego cheese
- grilled steak, caramelized onions and dijon mustard